What is an Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC)?
ANCs serve as the advocate for their neighborhood. They represent their community to the District of Columbia on policies and programs that impact the neighborhood such as transportation, street improvements, and economic development.
Why I’m Running
I have lived in Foggy Bottom for 16 years and I can’t imagine living anywhere else in the District. I am running to be a voice and advocate for all the residents who consider Foggy Bottom home. I want to offer my expertise and experience as an advocate and be a bridge for progress, cultural preservation and to strengthen the Foggy Bottom community.
What Sets Me Apart
The spirit of being an immigrant provides a lens on appreciating the traditions and local culture that distinguishes Foggy Bottom from other D.C. neighborhoods. I want all my neighbors to have safer streets and sidewalks that prioritize neighbors walking, biking, and using public transit. I will work with all members of the community, regardless of their level of political involvement, to ensure everyone has a seat at the table.
How To Help
- Check your voter registration. If you’re not registered where you live, register!
- Make a plan to vote. Early voting starts October 22, 2018 at One Judiciary Square. For election day, find your polling place for November 6, 2018.
- Contribute $25 to the campaign. This is one of the ways you can support my candidacy and I’m tremendously blessed. Paypal and Venmo are viable options if that is easier for you please reach out to me.
- Tell your neighbors. Many people do not know about the ANC and how important it is to vote. This election will be decided by those who turn out!
- Sign up to volunteer, host a meet and greet or contact me.